We are currently seeking a Waiter/Waitress to take orders and serve food and beverages to our customers. To be a successful Waiter or Waitress, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. Guests should walk away not only with their plate satisfied, but with a pleasant memory of their time with us. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g., about portions, ingredients, or potential food allergies)
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization
- Communicate order details to the kitchen staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses, and silverware to the kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g., parties)
- Follow all relevant Health department regulations
- Customer service skills.
- The ability to work well as a time.
- The ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure.
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- Should be able to speak in English.
- A desire to help people.
- Active listening skills.
- A good memory.
Interested candidates should send their CV by email to: Hr@knockknock.com.mt